What we cover here
Last update: 19th December 2018
WEN 3960 is one of the greatest benchtop bandsaw (9-inch type) at an affordable price. Compared to other rivals, WEN 3960 model has several features that separate it from the crowds such as bigger motor power (2.8 amps vs 2.5 amps), ball bearings to reduce vibration, fast release blade system for quick change of blade. Let’s discover this low-cost saw and find out why people loving it so much.
Construction of WEN 3960
- The WEN 3960 is constructed with a classic design: 2 pulleys, a good blade with high TPI, a motor and working table. The WEN 3960 has dark black matt color which gives a sense of strong, robust machine.
- There are some adding components that WEN 3960 have to improve the performance such as big motor, ball bearings, fast release blade system, bigger table.
- Besides, this bandsaw has 2-year warranty supported from WEN
Highlight parameter of WEN 3960
- A 2.8 amp motor -the saw uses a motor which is a bit more powerful to others, which will be a good point because when you cut harder things, a strong motor will let the work go easier
- Blade type: from 1/8-3/8 inches (62-inch type). You can use this bandsaw with blades from 6 TPI up to 14 TPI
- A 12 x 12-inch table – which can be leveled up to 45 degrees
- Throat size: 9 inches
- Max cutting size: 3-5/8 inches
- Accessories: miter gauge and a fence
- A dust port for attaching vacuum hose
- Warranty time: 2 years
- Weight: 39.7 lbs
- Power: AC/DC
- This bandsaw uses metric system
Benefits of the WEN 3960
This little bandsaw is an affordable machine that satisfies a lot of users. First, it has several adding features as discussed above which users find it better when talking about machine’s specifications. Seconds, this bandsaw is a great tool because
- You can do cutting (straight, cross, resaw…) smoothly with this bandsaw
- The quick changing blade lever let you change the blade easier to fit with your materials if you are working on different types of materials at once.
- WEN is a well-known brand for providing quality machine at good price
- It does not have much noise or vibration at all
- It is a compact and lightweight machine which can be stored after use.
Understanding about WEN 3960
WEN 3960 is aimed for light use. You can use the bandsaw on daily basis or on casual times and store it after use. This bandsaw is well performed and can fit with most of the blade (1/8-3/8 inch size) and deliver a good kerf. For users who are beginners, it would be a good choice.
Besides, WEN 3960 has some caveats that you should notice
Before using any bandsaw, calibration the blade is required and with WEN 3960, you should spend sometimes to make all the adjustments go right. This is a downside for non-experienced users but for a know-how user, it is a good point because you will understand more about the bandsaw and how to work on it properly.
Similar to most of the low-cost bandsaw, the accessories are mid-quality, therefore it is hard to create a precise cutting with the gauge provided along with this saw
Rating of WEN 3960
- Price: 10/10
- Performance: 9/10
- Noise: 8/10
- Durability: 9/10
- Design: 9/10
This bandsaw works great and has a lot of power for its use. It is a cost-performance balance which can be one of the best choices for users who are a bit conscious about pricing.
Tags: wen 3960 review, wen 3960 manual, wen 3960 bandsaw
- Black Friday band saw deals
- Best budget bandsaw – Quick and easy way to find best bandsaw under budget
- WEN 3962 Two-Speed Band Saw with Stand and Worklight, 10″ review
- Best benchtop bandsaw