What we cover here
Last update: 23rd September 2018
The Rikon 10’’ bandsaw is one of the notch-top models which has advanced features to meet the most accurate cutting you might want. With the aim to give an accurate cutting machine which can last for years, this Rikon model is built with the quality of a full-size model. Therefore, it is the ultimate 10’’ bandsaw that you can find on the market. Now let’s discuss details of this unit.
Construction of Rikon 10’’ bandsaw
The Rikon 10-305 bandsaw has a similar design and quality with full-size Rikon bandsaw 10-345 and 10-325 model which are all made with solid steel design for lasting performance. The machine includes 2 pulleys, a looping blade, an iron casting table, a heavy duty motor 1/3HP with luxurious accessories (great rip fence, good meter gauge, micro adjustable guide post, edge facing thrust bearings…) make this unit one of the best 10’’ benchtop bandsaw in terms of performance and durability.
Among those portable bandsaw, this Rikon 10’’ unit has a little heavier weight (76 lbs.) this is a bit hard if you need to maneuver it more often. The higher weight due to the fact that Rikon 10’’ bandsaw is built with solid steel and very little plastic, therefore, it is a bit heavier.
Because this unit uses high-quality materials, Rikon gives you 5 years warranty time for this machine, that is more than any other brand (when comparing the same price range and parameter)
Highlight parameter of Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw With Fence, 10-Inch
This 10’’ bandsaw has a lot of factors that catch user attention
- 3.5 amps (1/3HP) motor – a generous power for cutting, crosscutting, resawing
- Solid steel frame
- Iron casting table with largest size (10’’ model): 13 3/4 x 12 1/2 inches which are very sturdy. This casting table size is rare, which you can’t find on other typical bandsaws.
- Biggest cutting throat and cutting depth 4-5/8’’ and 9-5/8’’, respectively.
- Edge facing thrust bearings and micro adjustable guide posts: those adding features are only found in full-size models.
- Great rip fence allows you to measure and cut precisely
- Dust port 2-1/2 inches
- Warranty 5 years
- Power: AC
- Weight: 76 lbs
- Blade: this unit uses a longer blade (70-1/2 inches compared to others) anywhere from 1/8- 1/2 type. With Rikon model, you can choose bigger blade (1/2 inches in size) which gives you an advantage when cutting thicker materials. The blade goes along with this unit is 10 TPI (70-1/2 inches), therefore you do not need to buy a separate blade because 10 TPI blade is also in great quality
- Especially, with Rikon 10-305, you can but wide arrays of materials from wood, plastic, to nonferrous materials (Alu, copper) to ferrous materials with a proper blade. This is crucial if you are working on multiple types of materials at once. Cheaper bandsaw finds it extremely hard to cut metals, and some even fail due to the fact that they aren’t designed for those cutting jobs.
Benefits of the model
- With Rikon 10-305, it allows you to do cutting, crosscutting, resawing at the utmost accuracy. It has a great rip fence with is very useful for measuring straight cut, and the motor 3.5 amps let you cut thicker piece up to 4 inches without any issue.
- The accuracy and biggest cutting throat & depth make this unit out-performs compared to other portable bandsaw.
- Especially, you can change a lot of types of blades (from 1/8-1/2 inches in size) which is also a big advantage. With a proper blade, you can cut ferrous and non-ferrous materials. This is exclusive to Rikon models.
- It runs quiet, smooth and steady without vibration. The stainless steel design makes it durable for long years.
- This is one of the most recommended units when you are after for quality and accurate performance.
Understanding of Rikon 10-305 bandsaw
The Rikon 10-305 bandsaw is built with the same standard as those full-size models, but you should bear in mind this is a portable bandsaw which is for cutting medium size only. Noticing the biggest throat depth and cut max depth, this bandsaw is for small object cutting. If you are in the need of a bandsaw for cutting furniture objects or bigger pieces, you might need a full-size bandsaw. At this time, you might check Rikon 10-345 or Rikon 10-325 instead
Rikon 10-305 is not the cheapest small bandsaw, and actually, it does not focus on price but the accuracy and performance instead. Therefore, you can grab another portable bandsaw at half price (for example WEN, SKIL) but then you have to compromise on the accuracy and exclusive features.
Rating of model
- Price: 9/10
- Performance: 10/10
- Noise: 10/10
- Durability: 10/10
- Design: 10/10
If you are looking for a portable bandsaw which can deliver accuracy in any cutting style and can cut various materials, then the Rikon 10-305 bandsaw is a great match.
Tags: rikon 10 inch bandsaw 10-305 review, rikon 10 benchtop bandsaw model 10-305 review